Workshop at IT University of Copenhagen.
Monday 26 September 2011
9.30 – 16.30
Marine Renewable Energy at Futures Edge: Connecting marine energy communities in Denmark and Orkney Islands, Scotland.
Session: Future Visions
- Gareth Davies, Managing Director, Aquatera Ltd. / Chair of Scottish Renewables Marine Work Group / Chair of Orkney Renewable Energy Forum
- Niels Vinther, Research Consultant, Alliance for Offshore Renewables
- Eileen Linklater, Client Relationship and Marketing Manager, European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) Ltd.
- Per Ebert, Strategic Advisor, Wavestar
Session: Future Communities
- Alistair Peebles, Writer, photographer and publisher, Orkney Islands.
- Hans Christian Sørensen, Wavedragon
- Tom Muir, Exhibitions Officer, Orkney Museum, and Storyteller
This one-day workshop aims to share knowledge and explore potential collaboration between two sites at the leading edge of the Marine Renewable Energy: Orkney Islands, Scotland (site of the European Marine Energy Centre) and Denmark.
The workshop is focused in two areas: 1) Exploring the different future visions of the marine energy industry in Denmark and Orkney; 2) Understanding the role of the public and local communities who are involved in making the future of marine renewable energy.
Who should attend: those who have an interest in wave and tide energy from device developers, environmental consultants, policy-makers, test-sites, and the local community whose lives and landscapes are adapting to the commercialisation of this new industry.
This initial workshop is intended to identify future initiatives and collaboration.
To attend please contact Laura Watts (Assistant Professor, Technologies in Practice). Please note places are limited.