Associate Professor at the ITU, Brit Ross Winthereik has been identified by a ministry report as one of the leading figures in Danish research in research and innovation.
The report presents results of a study aimed at mapping the Danish research in research and innovation.
The report was tailored to capture complexity and contains results and analyses based on five interconnected parts:
1. Desk research providing an initial overview of a diverse field and a working definition of RI-research
2. A survey among department heads addressing the resources and organization of RI-research
3. A co-nomination study among researchers in the field map- ping the cognitive networks and cooperation patterns
4. Qualitative interviews with key researchers in the field
5. Bibliometric analyses of the impact of Danish RI-research.
Highlights from the report: 1) Several department heads prioritize capacity building within this area. 2) Uncertainty about national funding opportunities is perceived as a barrier for further capacity building within this interdisciplinary field. 3) Danish RI-researchers have considerable publication activity and impact.
The study was conducted by the Danish Centre for Studies in Research and Research Policy, Aarhus University, from December 2013 to September 2014, for the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation, under the Ministry of Higher Education and Science.
You can read the full report here